Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

K is for Kindness

Trying to play catch up with the A to Z challenge, since I pinched a nerve in my shoulder and really wasn't typing too well for a couple of days.


Topic: Kindness


I have been luckier than most. When I came out 99% of my friends, even ones that were "religious", were supportive of me. They simply do not care. They only care that I am happy, and they can see how much being honest and open has made me happier. So today is dedicated to those that despite what their church or their friends or whatever told them, showed me kindness and understanding.

These are the same type of people that everyday make the world a more bearable and wonderful place to live. The fact is that LGBTQ people are NOT going away. We've been around forever, and we are determined to have an equal place in society. So maybe the next time you encounter someone who is different then you, you could exercise a little bit of kindness.



No comments:

Post a Comment