Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

My opinion on: ANTHONYland: I was bullied, too...


On the wonderful world of Twitter, someone I follow, and like an awful lot posted something that pissed people off in reference to suicide. He posted that, " If you kill yourself because of bullying, I don't fell sorry for you. I was bullied; I didn't kill myself. I deserve an award more."
Now I can see where A) it would be offensive and B) where I agree with him.



ANTHONYland: I was bullied, too...: This is the comment I made that pissed people off (the most recent one, at least). Well, I don't apologize. I stand behind my staement. If you commit suicide because you were bullied, then I don't feel sorry for you. If you became a better person, moved on, and made a great life for yourself, then I care. I don't know what started this fad where you kill yourself just because some unhappy abused little prick chose you as his stress ball, but it's not cool. (CLICK on the link to read the rest, Its worth it I swear!)



This person of course was Next Door Studios exclusive, Anthony Romero. (so if you are offended by people in the adult entertainment business, don't click on the link above) Anthony went on to post a pretty insightful blog post about how he was bullied that explained where he was coming from.

I'm not going to give a blow by blow of what he said, Go read it!

I am SO tired of seeing the news stories about how this gay teen or that gay teen was bullied, and they committed suicide. I'm SORRY if they were bullied, so was I. Did it screw me up? Yep, to some extent I still live with the after affects. Did life go on? Yep.

When it comes down to it, it makes ME and obviously Anthony angry to see kids commit suicide because they were gay and they were bullied. Granted, we are looking at it from the other side. We've been through it, we've gotten past it, and we've moved on. I think that I can understand the desperation of these kids, and I think Anthony can understand it even better as he is IN that age range. Kids have a lot to deal with today. Being different is never easy, whether its because of your sexual orientation, financial status ect. Chances are, you ARE going to be bullied at SOME point for SOMETHING. Don't despair, these people will eventually fade away into the past.

The illusion that all is "fair" in life, is just that an illusion. Life isn't fair. Its NEVER gonna be fair. Life is what you make of it. Stand UP for yourself. Find a hobby. If you are being bullied TELL SOMEONE! If that person doesn't care, TELL SOMEONE ELSE. Make your voice heard. If you are contemplating suicide. GET HELP! There are resources out there. Do a google search, lots of stuff will come up.

For GLBT Youth:
http://www.thetrevorproject.org/

or Call: 1*800*SUICIDE (784-2433)
Also: 1*800*273*TALK (8255)


Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. You are right you have to read the whole story behind the comment. We need to let teens know to get help and it dose get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip! We DO need to let teens know how to get help, BUT we also need to teach kids how to stand up for themselves. That its not just something they have to live through. Of course its not true that standing up will work in every situation. I realize this. I realize that in some situations, in some areas of the country/world, that it is SAFER to be quiet, keep your head down, and wait it out. You have to do what you can live with.. BUT keep living.

      Suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem.

      Delete