Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Holidays 2011



I am not a fan of the holidays. Partly because I'm not a religious person. I don't get all the hype and hoopla that the merchandisers put everyone through. My children are provided for all year long, we don't do huge birthday celebrations, or huge holidays. I think part of my issue also has to do with of course, this year their dad is in Afghanistan. They weren't feeling overly cheery about the holiday and neither was I.

However, for Christmas, we were invited to my Sister's home for dinner. It was nice. My sister and I are not close, and though we live close together we see each other very rarely. Our children adore each other though, and we all had a very pleasant day despite some hiccups. Lets just say there are certain things that will never be okay with me. Recreational drug use is one of those things. Even if it wasn't my sister doing it, and it was happening in a back room of her home, it still made me uncomfortable, and definitely ready to leave. Too many years of military background I guess.

Anyhow, I was very glad to say goodbye to 2011 and Hello to 2012. Lets hope this is a great year!





No comments:

Post a Comment