Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Soldiers Kid (POETRY NEW)


My soon to be Ex-Husband is currently serving his 3rd tour overseas.  He is one of my best friends, and the father of my 3 children. This was written in honor of him, and our three monsters. The military family makes sacrifices that few can understand, and even fewer can endure. They are an amazing bunch of people that I have been very very blessed to count myself a part of my entire life. As I am getting ready to sever most of those ties, it is with bittersweet emotions. Thank you Military servicemembers, and your families for the prices you are willing to pay for an oft times ungrateful nation.  ~CarrieAnn~




Soldier's Kid

Daddy has been really busy. Mommy says he's going far away.

I know its his job, and he has to go. But I wish that he could stay.

Daddy is a soldier, and he's been called to war.

Its Daddy's job to serve on a far and very distant shore.

I try to be brave, and not to cry, but its really hard to do.

Daddy says not to worry, because he's crying too.

Its only for a year or so, and we'll write, and call.

We'll get to see him on webcam, but I still wish he was down the hall.

Daddy's getting on the bus to take him to the plane.

We cry and hug and Mommy tries to be brave.

We stand and watch until the bus gets too hard to see.

Its hard to be a Soldiers kid, but I'm so proud of my Daddy. 

© CarrieAnn  2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED



No comments:

Post a Comment